A good travel alarm clock is a necessary tool for every expat, traveler and digital nomad. How many times have you had to wake up early for an important flight, appointment or bus?
Missing your flight or appointment could cost you hundreds of dollars in wasted time and money. Your time is important so protect it by investing in a good portable alarm clock.
What to Consider
There are several component of a good travel alarm clock:
- Lightweight design
- Non-ticking feature to avoid annoying noise
- Easy to set Alarm
- Big wide numbers for easy viewing at night
- LED lightable display
- Small enough to fit in your backpack or carry on
- Extra display features: day, month and temperature
There are many portable alarm clocks available online so we’ve reviewed a ton of them and come up with the best ones for you and your travel needs.
1. Pluteck Non-Ticking Analog Clock – Best Analog Clock
This travel alarm clock is the #1 rated best seller in Amazon’s travel alarm clock category. You will its lightweight design since this clock only weighs 2.4 ounces. It comes with a big analog display and viewable hands & dial at night.
There is also a built-in night light for easy night viewing. Just press the top button to activate this feature.
The non-ticking feature stays silent throughout the day and avoides the annoying tick-tock noise. It’s made of plastic so it’s durable enough to withstand normal wear and tear during your travels.
The power supply is (1) standard AA battery.
- Super Quiet Clock
- Built-In Nightlight
- Easy to Read Display
- Small, Portable Size
- Durable Plastic Design
- Low Affordable Price
- Lacks Digital Display
2. ZHPUAT Morning Digital Clock – Best Digital Clock
If you prefer a digital clock display, then you can’t go wrong with the Zhpuat Morning clock.
One cool feature is the sleek design with big easy to read digital numbers. It also comes with a top button nightlight and will automatically illuminate when the room gets darker.
You’ll get more information with this clock on the display including the alarm time, month, day, and temperature. It also supports 12-hour and 24-hour time display formats.
This clock is powered by (3) AAA batteries.
- Sleek design
- Digital display format
- Features temperature, day, month and alarm time on the display
- Illuminates automatically at night
- Uses 3 batteries to function
- Only comes in 1 color: white
- Weighs 8.2 ounces
3. Marathon Travel Alarm Clock – Perfect Gift for a Traveler
The Marathon model is the one of the most advanced and feature packed travel alarm clocks available online. It not only comes with a standard digital display, but includes the temperature (in both F and C) plus a bilingual calendar.
One of the coolest features is the built-in foldable stand that makes this clock extremely portable and versatile.
You can fold up this clock in the palm of your hand and take it anywhere (airport, bus, train). It easily fits inside your backpack or luggage without taking up much space.
The buttom activated nightlight stays on for 5 seconds and lights up without becoming too bright for your eyes.
- Folds up easily in your hand
- Big digital display
- Built-in temperature and calendar
- Comes in 3 different colors: Black, Silver and Wood-Tone
- Only requires 1 AAA battery
- Doesn’t illuminate automatically in the dark
These alarm clocks are perfect for travelers (both domestic and international) and make great gifts as well.
If you have any questions or comments about finding the right travel alarm clock, then please leave a comment below.