Located on the eastern coast of the continent of Africa, Ethiopia is bordered by countries such as Somalia, Kenya, Eritrea, and the Sudan. Ethiopia is home to a rich and beautiful culture steeped in history. Many agree that some of the most beautiful African women come from the country of Ethiopia.
Due their stature, body type, and bone structure Ethiopian women have long been held in high esteem by the fashion industry and modeling community. This is why you will notice that this list of 30 of the most beautiful Ethiopian women contains so many models and beauty queens.
30 Most Beautiful Ethiopian Women
Here are the 30 most beautiful Ethiopian Women in the world. These numbers are not intended as a ranking system. This is not a count down or a review on whom is the most beautiful out of the 30. Each woman is beautiful in her own natural way and displays how strikingly beautiful Ethiopian women can be.
1. Yordanos Teshager (super model)
2 Helen Getachew (Miss Ethiopia Universe 2012)
3. Gelila Bekele (model and social activist)
4. Bewunetwa Abebe (model)
5. Liya Afa (model)
6. Zewdy Awalom (Ethiopian American singer)
7. Belean Getachew (model)
8. Sara Nuru (model in Germany)
9. Melkam Micael Endala (Miss Ethiopia 2010)
10. Eyaluta Seifu (model)
11. Tirunesh Dibaba (long distance track runner, current Olympic champion in the 10,000 meter, winner of 4 world track titles and 5 world cross titles)
12. Fershgenet Melaku (rapper, model, actress)
13. Yityish “Titi” Aynaw (Miss Israel 2013, born in Ethiopia emigrated to Israel)
14. Liya Kebede (model, clothing designer)
15. Tegest Mesfin (model)
16. Hiwot Assefa Tesfaye (Miss Intercontinental Africa 2009, Miss Ethiopia World 2010)
17. Dina Fekadu (Miss Ethiopia 2006)
18. Lydia Asghedom (model, Finalist America’s Next Top Model 2008)
19. Israela Avtau (model)
20. Blen Getahun (model)
21. Tahounia Rubel (model in Israel, TV personality)
22. Sayat Demissie (model, singer, actress)
23. Senait Gidey (model in Canada)
24. Zeudi Araya (Italian actress of Ethiopian descent)
25. Mearg “Magi” Tareke (super model)
26. Melat Yanti (model, singer)
27. Jiitu Abraham (model)
28. Joy Suzanne Grazer (Photography model)
29. Rahel Debebe (Miss Ethiopia contestant)
30. Mhadere Tigabe (run way model)
If you want to learn more about Ethiopia and its inhabitants there are many resources for you on google or at your local library. Better yet why not plan a trip to Ethiopia to see its beauty with your own eyes. Ethiopian women love brothas, too!
There is always more good than harm that come from learning about other countries, continents, and cultures so enjoy.
Share Your Thoughts in the Comments
If there are names you think we missed, feel free to leave a comment.