I’m writing this important message to provide you with key travel information and assistance as regards to the COVID-19 Coronavirus crisis that’s taking place all over the world.
As of Thursday March 19th, the US State Department issued a Level 4 travel warning stating that travelers should suspend all domestic and international travel indefinitely.
I realize some of you are planning to travel this summer while others are living abroad like me. I will be updating this page frequently with important information to help you brothas out in case of an emergency.
Please bookmark this page for further information in the future.
5 Tips to Stay Safe During the Coronavirus Crisis
- Contact Your U.S. Embassy (or respective country’s embassy) if Abroad – If you have the means to return home then it’s advised to do so. Otherwise, be prepared to remain overseas for an extended period of time.
- Eliminate Unnecessary Expenses – Food, water and shelter are the most important things to worry about. Alcohol, smoking, girls, gambling and everything else must go. I personally went through my bank account and cancelled any monthly subscriptions or renewals. You may need the extra cash if the global lockdout lasts longer.
- Check-in to a Condo/Apartment – Many governments have ordered all hotels to shut down. You can still find a room in a condo. Don’t book day to day. Do weekly or monthly bookings. Pay in cash if you must because a lot of online booking sites aren’t accepting booking now.
- Stock Up on Basic Items – Many grocery stores and restaurants are closed. Try to stock up on stuff like food and water. Better safe than sorry.
- Start an Online Side Hustle – If things last for a while, you may not be able to return to work. Or worse, you may get laid off. Now is the perfect time to start an online side hustle. I recommend blogging as a quick and easy way to make some extra income online.