How to Get a Philippines Work Visa

Do you see yourself loving and wanting to be a part of the vibrant and exciting Filipino culture? As with many of us we dream of going to a foreign country, but we are unaware of the procedures that we will need to follow to be a part there. If you want to be a working professional and be a part of the exciting and the fast-paced work culture of Philippines. Here are the steps you need to achieve your goal.

If you are a foreign citizen who is trying to work in another country, you need to apply for a work visa. There is various paperwork you must go through and government permissions you must obtain before pursuing work in an organization based in Philippines.

First off if you are not a citizen of Philippines and wish to take up gainful employment, you will require the AEP. The AEP is issued by Department of the Labor and the Employment. This is valid for a period for 1 to 5 years, based on the contract provided by the organization. This is extremely vital and you need to apply for it from the organization that is providing you employment. You can contact any of the branches of the DOLE office, they would facilitate the process. This process will take up to 2-3 weeks.

The work visa is also called the 9G visa. These are the three kinds of visas the 9A visa for short term valid for 59 days, the 9G for any foreign national seeking long term employment and the 9D for a foreign treaty trader, this is for only the citizens of countries with whom Philippines has an agreement. All visas can be obtained by applying to the Filipino Consular Office, or if the application is to be made before arrival by mailing a notarized application form to the Philippine Consulate General.

These are the requisites for applying for your work visa for applying for the 9G visa. You need your passport, letter from the company from the place of employment, application form from the Bureau of Immigration, copy of the AEP and a copy of the employment contract, and a few others like marriage certificate based on your situation. Your ACR I-card (Alien Certificate of Registration card), which is the biometric chip that contains all your details will also be submitted. This card has taken care of most documentation, such that paperwork has drastically reduced.

This procedure will take a period of 2-3 months and within this time period your work visa is ready and you are all set. In the meanwhile, you can apply for aSWP, will be taken in consideration till the visa arrives.

The process is extremely efficient and streamlines and you can be rest assured that is extremely simple to apply and get the necessary documents. You only need to be alert to renew all the required licenses and make sure that all documents are all kept safely. There is also excellent online and offline consulting services that will also provide guidance to ease the process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


  1. Thanks Tarik! Its the best information anywhere. You continue to provide black men with the best info to protect us from fraud and exploitation.

    I am Ernest and I look forward to meeting you in the Philippines someday.