Are you interested in saving even more money on your hotel bookings? Looking to find the cheapest rate for your hotel & hostel room?
Traveloka is an Indonesian travel app comany that offers some of the cheapest room rates in Southeast Asia. You can often save an extra 10 to 30% on your room if you book through their app.
Why Use Traveloka?
I often talk to travelers who use more popular apps like Booking.com or Agoda. The problem is these companies have hefty fees associated with their bookings. That means the price is much higher than Traveloka.
In my experience, Traveloka has the lowest booking fees in all of Southeast Asia. Plus, they are extremely flexible with their payment options.
How to Use Traveloka App
Head over to Traveloka.com or download the app from the Google Play & iTunes store. Once you download the app, create an account and start searching for a room to book.
Enter your city location, dates and number of guests into the app. Click Search.
You will be taken to a list of hotels with the rates in the local currency. I usually filter the rooms by lowest price to see if I can find a super cheap room.
Tips for Using Traveloka App
- Book for at least 2 Days – If you plan on staying multiple days, some hotels offer an extra discount if you book for more than 1 day. For example, I stayed at a hostel that offered a 23% discount when you book for 2+ days.
- Book before 12AM Midnight – If you need a room for the night, be sure not to wait until the last moment. Once midnight strikes, the app won’t let you book for the same night. It’s best to book far in advance.
- Try hostels for late night bookings – If you arrive in a city really late at night, then consider staying in a hostel for the night. It doesn’t make sense to spend a lot of money when you will only sleep in a town for 1 night. Using hostels in favor of hotels will save you a lot of money.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Traveloka Reliable?
Yes. I have been using Traveloka for over a year and have had zero problems using their app.
Is Traveloka trusted?
They are used by thousands of people in SE Asia and have partnerships with major corporations like 7 Eleven.
Is Traveloka Legit?
Yes. I have used their app many times and they send you a room confirmation by email and text for your records.
What are the different Traveloka payment options?
- Bank Transfer
- Visa and Mastercard Credit Cards
- Over the Counter payments with 7 Eleven
- Bank Deposit
Does Traveloka accept debit cards?
Yes. You can use your Visa or Mastercard debit card as long as you have money in your balance.
Does Traveloka have hidden charges?
No. They are one of the few apps with very low charges. Compared to other travel apps in SE Asia, they are the cheapest in the industry.
Traveloka Pros – Things I Like
- Easy to navigate app
- Dozens of rooms to choose from
- Accepts many payment methods including credit cards, Paypal, bank transfer and 7 eleven Payment
- Simple 4 step booking process
- Sends you a text receipt of your purchase
Traveloka Cons – Things I Don’t Like
- Doesn’t offer a huge selection of rooms
- Doesn’t send room confirmation to your email
- Doesn’t offer an affiliate program to recruit your friends and followers
My overall Traveloka rating: 9/10
Traveloka is by far the cheapest booking app in SE Asia, but they need to provide more available rooms on their app. If you are looking for a more luxurious room or condo, then Agoda and AirBNB will provide a better overall experience.
However, if your goal is to book a cheap hotel or hostel, then Traveloka is the best in the industry.