What You Should Know Before Moving to Singapore

Moving to Singapore

What do you think?

Written by Tarik

Tarik is the founder of If you need personalized consulting or advice, I am available for hire. Please check out my Services.

Send tips & comments to:


Leave a Reply
  1. Thank you Tarik! I am established in the Philippines and Singapore is on my radar. I need to know if I have to marry a Filipino to become a resident. I have been told I must marry a Filipino. Please advise and also what is the fastest way to become an expat in PI. Thanks and let me know if I can support you in any way. I am about to teach at the University and my cafe is doing well.

    • Great question. You can apply for the 13(a) visa if you are already married to a Filipina. This gives you a resident visa so you don’t have to renew every 2 months. The fastest way is to simply extend your tourist visa every 2 months to the Immigration office and you can stay for up to 3 years until you have to leave.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.